20120803

Road Trip Photo Diary

Hey everyone!

This is not like my usual outfit posts, but more about what I've been up to. I think I've mentioned this a few times here and there that I'm moving this summer from the Midwest to the Southeast. Well, now I guess I can say that I have officially moved!

My family and I, (including my dog, Caramel), took the move as an opportunity to travel the great states of the Americas. Okay, well I was not necessarily thrilled when my parents told me that we had to drive over a thousand miles to reach our new home. Quite frankly, I was not thrilled at all. I will be entering my junior year of high school this fall, which is conveniently smack in the middle of high school. Yeah, needless to say, it sucks. I don't want to turn this post into a sob story, but I really am going to miss my best friends and places I frequented in my hometown. But, at the same time, I'm excited for the change. I know that I am going to have many new experiences that will expand my horizons (mentally/spiritually/emotionally/I don't know what I'm saying), and maybe make a few friends along the way. I've moved before from Canada to the US in the 5th grade, so I kind of know what it's like to be "new in town," but moving during high school has got to be a different story. So we'll see how that goes... DUN DUN DUNNNN *cue dramatic music*

Okay, I'm done ranting about my feeeelings, promise!! Here are some pictures I took during our road trip. The trip took a total of two nights and three days. Most of that time was spent sitting in the car, listening to music, while trying to calm my dog down. (She gets very nervous in the car.)

Caramel! (she says HI)

Basically what the road looked like for most of the trip. Field after field after field after field of who knows what. 

An ant's eye shot of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri. We took a stop at this city to check out the arch. It was over 100 degrees, so it made me wonder how this metal structure was not melting!

The bottom half of my body. 

It was so hot, her tongue could have reached the ground! I really wonder what Caramel thought about during the car ride, and all of the unfamiliar places. 

Currently, I am staying at a hotel until we can finally move in to our new house. After all that driving, I was in the BIGGEST shopping mood, so literally the first thing my mom and I did when we arrived was hit up the nearest mall. That sounds like a legitimate addiction, right? I will probably be back to my regular outfit posts by next week. Until then, I will be busy busy busy unpacking, registering for classes, and finding where the nearest Chipotle is. 

And one more update before I am done... I GOT A NEW CAMERA!!! After lots of research and shopping around, I went with the Canon PowerShot SX40 HS. Boy, that's a mouthful. It's like a happy medium between a DSLR and a point-and-shoot digital camera. I am impressed and content with it so far! I hope the better picture quality will make my blog even more enjoyable than it already is! If that is possible... 

HAHA, I'm just so funny.

xoxoDahye



4 comments

SHOP STYLE CONQUER said...

cool photos!

x
Ellen
SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

Thesmallnoble said...

cool pictures! I love them!

http://thesmallnoble.blogspot.de/

Unknown said...

Awesome photos! Cute dogs!

http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blogs. Thank you for inspiring me :D

Hey Dahye ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger